All Roam websites have the ability to import & synchronise product listings from the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW).
The import looks at several points to decide whether to import the listing or not:
- ATDW Categories
- ATDW States
- Regions (this is where you are adding your postcodes)
- Roam Categories
For the import to happen, the above need to be set up first.
- ATDW Categories that you will be using need to be enabled
- ATDW States that your regions fall under need to be enabled
- Regions - postcodes must be set up for all your regions
- Do you have out-of-region operators? Read more here.
- Roam Categories (and subcategories if applicable) must be created and mapped to your ATDW Categories
Every 24 hrs overnight, Roam synchronises ATDW listings, importing and updating them. As mentioned above, the product listings are imported only if the above category configuration is done.
Product listings have their own rules for displaying on your website:
1. New Product Listing
Any new product listing is imported in a disabled state. If you'd like the listing to show on your website, you will need to enable it. This is to prevent unwanted content appearing on your site without your knowledge and gives you the ability to vet all content before it appears.
2. Expired Product Listing
When a listing expires in ATDW, you will see an expiry date in your ROAM product, it will be disabled, and no longer appear on your website. Once the listing expires, there's no need to do anything about it. It will sit in the system until it is renewed again.
3. Renewed Product Listing
If a listing expired (e.g. Event, or a tour operator didn't renew their ATDW registration) and is renewed later again, our system will detect a change and import it during the daily updates check. The expiry date will then disappear and the renewed listing will be re-imported in a disabled state. If you'd like the listing to show on your website again, you will need to enable it.
4. Manual Adjustments
Adjustments to the product listing's state
Manual adjustments to the ATDW listing's state such as manual enabling / disabling of the listing or removing the expiry date will affect the listing.
- If you manually disable the listing, it will not be enabled automatically. You will have to enable it manually
- If you manually enable the listing whilst it is expired in ATDW, it will show as expired (red dot) the next day after the overnight import.
5. Adjustments to the description or any other information
- If you make manual adjustments to, for example, the product listing's description, contact information, facilities, opening hours etc., it will be overridden by our overnight update check and the information will then revert to what is in ATDW. This is in accordance with the terms & conditions of using ATDW content.
If the information in the product listing is incorrect and you would want to change it, you will have to either:
- Talk to the tour operator to change the information in ATDW or
- Make the listing a "custom listing" by going to the listing - "Custom" tab - switch on the "Custom Product" button
If you have access to the tour operator's ATDW account and are able to make the change to the listing yourself, it is the best way.
If you switch the listing to custom this is considered a manual change and hence the automated process is overridden. Therefore, when you switch the listing back to the ATDW feed, the automated process won't work. In this situation, you'll have to let us know and we will re-import the listing for you. You will need to let us know the date the change was made in the ATDW account.
6. Enhancing images
You can enhance the image gallery by manually uploading new images or remove them without them being overridden by ATDW synch.
If a tour operator would like to remove some of the images, they will have to let you know to do so.