What is Product Map
The product map feature is an optional add-on for Roam intended to give an overview of all the products/operators available throughout a region or locale. It can show products as clusters or individually; zooming into the map will reveal more detail, and clicking on each product will show a card with image & description preview, which can then click through to the full product page. It will automatically populate from your Roam product list according to the km radius you set, and can be filtered by product region or tier. Once developed as part of your Roam theme it can be used anywhere on your site with no further costs.
- Populates from your Roam products automatically with no additional management required
- Can use a custom map style or existing Mapbox themes
- Dropdown category filter to filter products
- Zoom and pan functions
- Display product summary card with extra information, click through to product
- Adjustable radius and zoom settings
- Additional product filters can display a subset of desired products
How to create / add Product Map
The product map is inserted as a page builder component like other content blocks. For the Product Map to show on your page, follow these steps:
- Create a page
- Add desired content
- Click on "Add a block"
- Select "Product Map
- Add Layout ID - you'll find this in your Mapbox account
- Add Positioning - this is where you set zoom, latitude and longitude.
- Zoom - if your map covers larger area, ideal zoom is around 6 but it may be more or less than that depending on the size of the area
- Latitude and Longitude - you can get these from Google Maps. Drop a pin to your desired location / area and both of these will display. Alternatively you can use the Latlong tool
- If you want to narrow it down to certain region / town, you can "Add category" under the Region section (please note, the region will need to be set up first under Categories - Regions in the left hand side menu)
Product map block
Latitude and Longitude