All Roam websites come with a base level of tracking built into your Roam platform and will be set up during the onboarding phase. All of this data is available to you, anytime via your Google Analytics (GA) accounts.
What does Roam Track?
- Google Analytics - all Universal Analytics metrics (ie pageviews, sessions, bounce rate, etc) are tracked automatically in GA
- Clickouts - this is when users click out to a third party website from your site. This is particularly relevant if you want to track how much traffic is going to individual operators
- Downloads - which documents are being downloaded and how many times
- Videos - see which videos users are watching, and how far they've watched
- Forms - contact forms and newsletter signups
- Contacts - clicks on emails or phone numbers
- Search Behaviour - what terms users are searching for on the website
- Social Media - when users share a page or blog post through social media (by clicking the social share icons) or when users click out to a social profile
- Error Pages - when a 404 or broken link is detected
How to access your tracking data?
All of the above-mentioned data points can be accessed through your Google Analytics account under the Behaviour —> Events heading.
Here you can see an overview of each data point and how many times it has occurred in a given period, Google Analytics calls these occurrences events.
By clicking on each of the data points (such as video) you will be able to access details at a more granular level on the Action and Label levels.
For more information on Google Analytics tracking and reporting options please get in touch with Roam's Customer Success team and we can refer you to our strategy team.