Roam’s Featured Partner Toolkit gives your destination an exciting merchandising opportunity managed within the platform.
It includes the ability to flag local operators and events as featured or top-rated partners promoting them straight to the top of your search results to sit above the rest. Plus your destination can add additional design accents such as star icons or visual tags to your featured listings in search.
How it works:
The Featured Partner Toolkit allows product entries to be assigned to a tier, we suggest 2-3, though you could have more or less. Each tier gets a rank value which boosts those listings higher in the search results driven by Roam’s Algolia search integration.
Create your tiers:
- Head to Categories on the left-hand side of the platform
- Open the Product Tiers tab
- Click +New Category to open a new entry
- Title your new tier. This will just be the name you see in the backend when assigning a listing to that particular tier.
- With a little theme update, you can use the label field to add visual tags to each listing in a tier. An example might be “Favourite” or “Our Top Pick.” To discuss your options get in touch with Customer Success.
- Assign your rank value.
Given there isn’t a limit to how many tiers you can have, the platform will accept a ranking value from 1 to 100 points. If you’re going to have 3 tiers then we’d suggest 100 for your top tired, 75 for your second and 50 for your third. You could also have 3,2 and 1.
Assign products to tiers:
- Open the product entry which you want to feature/promote.
- Click +add a Category under Tiers - note you can only select one tier type per product
- Save your entry
Once your entry is saved, Algolia will auto-magically update and your product entry will move to the relevant place in search based on its tier value. This can take up to 30 minutes.
Adding visual tags or icons to your featured/top products is a great way to add additional value for your top paying operators by making them visually distinct across your site. Some examples are a star or badge icon on the listing or a “Top Picks” tags. The options are up to you!
To discuss creative ways to make your top products stand out in search get in touch with us to update your Roam theme!