In addition to integrating with automated data sources such as the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW), Roam allows you to create custom operator and event pages unique to your site directly from the platform. This can be beneficial for any operators or events who aren’t on the ATDW database at present.
How to create a custom entry.
To create a new Operator or Event entry:
- Head to the Product tab on the top-left corner of your platform.
- From there select the + New Entry icon in the top-right corner of the Product page, this will open up a new entry for you.
- Change the entry type to the relevant category of the product.
To change the product type head to the Entry Type field on the right-hand side of the page and click the drop-down option.
- Tell us about your local operator! Now you will need to add a title to your entry and include a description.
- Don’t forget booking and contact information.
Within the entry, you have the option to include booking and contact information in your custom operator or event pages. This contact information will then populate your website under the heading contact details.
- Add location details.
Adding location details to an entry will generate a Google map on your operator or event page with a pin that shows the visitor where the operator or event is located.
Where an address is provided but no longitude or latitude is provided, Roam will generate a map view based on results from Google Maps for that address. If the pin isn’t quite right then you can add in custom longitude and latitude points to get it just right!
7. Creating an event? Save the date!
If your product is an event, change the entry type from custom to event. This will now allow you to include the start date, end date, and any key dates associated with the event. The Event Dates section is for the start date, end dates, and times.